ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The 3rd Asia Optometric Congress offers scientists, educators, optometrists and clinicians in Asia an opportunity to exchange the latest and state-of-art information in the field of Optometry. The theme of this Congress: “Vision 2020- Uniquely Asia” offers the greatest showcase in research which uniquely belongs to Asia. This Scientific Congress boasts of an excellent Scientific Programme which attracts many keynote speakers and leaders from Asia, as well as many famous educators and researchers to share and exchange ideas.
To encourage research in this exciting field of Optometry, oral, poster and e-poster submissions are all welcome. The novel feature of this e-poster submission does not require the authors to physically display the poster in the Congress. However, all the accepted submissions are required to submit the full-paper by a specified date in order to produce a Congress Proceedings.
All abstracts must be original and not simultaneously submitted or published elsewhere. The following categories are welcome (but not limited to):
- Primary care optometry/Clinical optometry
- Contact lenses/Orthokeratology
- Binocular vision/Vision therapy/Visual rehabilitation
- Low vision
- Paediatric optometry
- Public health optometry/Epidemiology/Prevention of blindness
- Behavioural optometry
- Optics/Visual Optics
- Optometric Instrumentation
- Sport Vision
- Colour Vision
To facilitate the submission process and the subsequent follow up process, please consider the following guidelines for submission.
- Abstract can be submitted either as Original Research or Case Report.
- Abstract must be submitted in English, Microsoft Word file (version 2013), font Times New Roman, font size 11 point with a single line spacing.
- Maximum Title limit: 15 words.
- Maximum word limit: 350 words.
- In the Original Research, Abstract is submitted in one paragraph containing sub-title: Purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- In the Case Report, Abstract is submitted in one paragraph containing sub-title: Purpose, Case Report and Conclusions.
- Please see Sample 1, Sample 2 and Sample 3 before submission.
- No tables, figures and references are allowed.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you can submit provided that the presenter has registered for the Congress as a participant.
- There is no limit to the number of authors per abstract; the presenting author should ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of abstract before submission to the organisers.
- Submission of abstract constitutes the authors' consent for printed and online publication by the organizers. It also warrants that the abstract submitter is the sole owner and responsible for all information and content provided to the organizing committee.
- Please state the preference of your submission, as follows:A: All Oral/Poster/E-poster submission
B: Either oral or poster submission
C: Either oral or e-poster submission
D: Either poster or e-poster submission
E: Oral submission only
F: Poster submission only
G: E-poster submission only
- The closing date of Abstract submission is 31st July 2020.
You will be notified by e-mail if your submitted abstract has been selected for an oral presentation, a poster presentation or an e-poster presentation.
All the accepted abstract presentations (oral, poster or e-poster) are required to submit the full-paper by 31st August 2020. The accepted presentation would be rejected if the full-paper was not received by 31st August 2020. Please include a maximum of 5 keywords at the bottom of the Abstract in the full-paper submission.
In addition to the full-paper submission, the accepted presenter will take note of the followings:
For Oral presentation, the presentation will be 10-minute only plus 5-minute of Q&A.
For Poster presenters, you are required to prepare your poster with the following guidelines:
Please prepare the poster in one sheet; dimension should not exceed 594 mm Width x 841 mm Height (A1 size) and must be in portrait orientation (not landscape). All the poster presenters will be given a 1m x 1 m board.
Title, authors’ names and affiliations must be presented at the top of the poster.
Please ensure that the font size used in the poster is sufficiently large to be legible from a distance of 2 m.
Double-sided tape for poster mounting on display board will be provided at the Poster Desk (You can also get ready with your own pushpins).
At least one of the authors must be physically present during the poster display session.
Presenters of posters are responsible for bringing their posters and for taking away at the end of the Congress.
The Organisers are not responsible for any loss of posters.
3. For e-poster presentation, you are not required to prepare the physical poster to display on board.
- All authors are required to submit the full manuscript after receiving the Notification of Abstract Acceptance.
Please be aware of the following before you begin to submit:
All manuscripts should be submitted in order listed: Title Page, Abstract, Key Words (A maximum of 5 key words), Manuscripts, Acknowledgements, References, Footnotes, Tables and Figures, and Appendices.
The decision of the Scientific Committee is final.
All rejected abstracts will be notified with a brief comment by reviewers. No appeal will be allowed.
AWARD AND HONOUR
Outstanding abstracts will be given a Certificate of Excellence by the Asia Optometric Congress.
Write the title which reflects the work and result of the research (maximum 15 words, bold, 14pt)
Author1 , Author2 , Author3 (11pt)
Note: Mark *) after the name, if it is the corresponding author
1affiliation of main author and address (11pt)
2affiliation of second author and address (11pt)
Abstract is a summary of the article. Abstract is created in one paragraph and a maximum of 350 words in a single line spacing with 11 point font. The abstract should contain the sub-title: Purpose, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. The sub-title Purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions must be bold with 12 point font. Abstract should not contain tables / images and citations. The use of abbreviations should be a minimum.
For Case Report, the Abstract should contain the sub-title: Purpose, Case Report and Conclusions. Likewise, the subtitle: Purpose, Case Report and Conclusions must be bold with 12 point font.
For a sample of Original Research, see: Kang P & Swarbrick H (2016).New Perspective on Myopia Control with Orthokeratology. Optometry & Vision Science. May 2016-Volume 93-Issues 5-p 497-503.
Click here for example
For a sample of Case Report, see: Weng T-H et al. (2016). Relenza-induced Acute Myopia Change. Optometry & Vision Science. March 2016-Volume 93-issue 3-p307-309.
Click here for example
The author/s confirm that my/our presentation does not contain any material/s which has been accepted for presentation or published before and that to the best of my/our knowledge and belief, it contains no material/s previously published or written by another person, except where due reference is made. I /We also grant the organisers permission to copy the presentation in part or in whole, subject to the usual acknowledgements.